Wednesday, January 12, 2011

How can I be your host?

I have a love/hate relationship with the industry that I've called home for almost all my working life.  I started in restaurants as a busser/host, and a hotel switchboard, then moved through various other positions, departments and companies.

Sometimes the expectations of the industry itself can be challenging and frustrating, being the type of "bend over backwards to please" business. (The strange requests and scenarios alone could be the topic of a whole other blog)  But the exciting fast pace of multiple things on the go, love of good food, interest in new experiences and different attractions, meeting new people, and an insatiable travel bug keep me here.  I wonder if many other people think the same way, it's something that justs in your blood?

I'd like to share some things that I've found to be useful, or interesting, and hope to hear from other people experiences within the industry.  Seek out new opportunity in a different branch or to see what else might be waiting for me out there, and how my experiences can fit.

No comments:

Post a Comment